Saturday, November 16, 2013

Self Discipline - Day 2

Day 2 of Self Discipline.

Ahh, great day. I gave myself 1-week to complete the summary/proposal for the coming interns/team mates so it eases them in a way it eases me too. Everything has to be clear for them because nobody would want miscommunication.

At first, I gave myself one week to complete everything in phase 1 (proposals, summary, target research, timeline). And it's day 2, I've completed it all yet realized it's not that good yet. There are still parts which can be improvised. Call me a perfectionist, but perfectionism helps a lot in team-understanding!

"...must be compact yet simple to understand that once you show them, they know what to do," is what she told me. I can do compact, I can do simple but not both. A combination of both is equals to lengthy to me. Just completed my summary/proposal and let's see if it's simple YET compact or not?

Am I really able to put full trust into the soon-to-be-formed-team? Perhaps due to my past experiences, I have trust issues with new people? Put your doubts away Hubert, perhaps? It's really impossible for you to do everything for 1/2 year all by yourself!

What am I doing now? Still constructing the timeline. It's a 1/2 year project, baby! Also I'm looking for a team to assist as Project Managers. Wow!

Lesson of the day : The set time is not the duration to complete tasks. It's a duration to PERFECTING everything. Plus I should learn to trust people as much as they trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment