Saturday, November 16, 2013

Self Discipline : Day 1

I should learn to discipline myself. I'm always delaying my tasks, thinking "Later laa, I still have time," and at the end of the day I'll shift it to the next day. I'll never get my work done if that's the case. My mentor who's also my boss mentioned that too.

That's it. If I can't discipline myself, how can I assist the others? If I cannot even lead myself how can I lead the others? I took a step out.

Great honor indeed, I was given a project and this time I'm heading it. It's a project to expose YouthsToday's brand to over 1,000,000 youths nationwide. Wow, just wow. Then comes a question in my mind - "Can I do it? What if it fails? What if I screwed up...AGAIN?". Come to think of it...I never actually handled such projects before, never once. It's a 7-digit number we're talking about.

"It won't," she (Jazz) said confidently. Wow! I'm amazed by her confidence. She didn't even hesitate giving the answer, she didn't even think that it would possibly fail. Such confidence is really something I admire! "If we don't do a thing we won't have a thing. If we can't have 100%, we can at least have 50%," she added. True, if we do nothing, nothing will happen. Have faith, have confidence Hubert. If she trust you then you should trust yourself, I told myself.

Expecting to complete the research in 1 week, I completed it in just less than 12 hours. Well, it isn't so bad after all! Now I have lots of time to do the summary of the project for the coming team (I wouldn't call it a proposal. It's too brief and simple to be one).

Self Discipline Day 1 initiated with the support of the team and a can of energy drink. :) I look forward to a more productive day.

Lesson of the day : Self-discipline pays. Not in money but it saves a lot of time. Also, the chicken rice at KLCC is the best chicken rice in KL, so as I heard from Jazz. And yes, it DOES smell and look good.

No comments:

Post a Comment